Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Some Sneak Peaks and Apologies! : Part IV

This entry concludes my fourth and final installment for the "Sneak Peaks and Apologies" blog series! Wow, September has been quite the repentant month...

Once again, thank for being so patient during the month of August... I definitely tapped out for a little more than thirty-one days and I'm hoping that I can conclude this year with some consistent posting about my tattoo apprenticeship, upcoming shows, super-secret-side-projects, and what not!

The last personal project I wanted to preview for all of you is a series of "PiƱata Demons" -a fun little set set of illustrations that debuted with the "Tokyo vs. Portland vs. San Diego Showdown" at Hellion Gallery, in conjunction with Subtext Gallery, for San Diego Comic Con International. That was a great show, by the by, and I hope some of you had a chance to check it out, along with all the other Comic Con goodness going on that week... what a whirlwind that was! -but always worth it in the end.

Anyways... this set of illustrations seems to be developing a story of its own, and I'm hoping to show some images here and there around town with local venues and what not... just a little tease now and again... if you don't mind. But I'm excited to see how this story might end. 

This is yet another series born out of my most recent sketchbook and I wasn't expecting anything spectacular from the idea, but as soon as the polished pieces started coming to life, I really fell in love with the characters developing out of the rough outlines on my sketch pad.

Here are a few new friends...






Once again, if all goes according to plan, I'll try to make a small book from this set of images... so please, send some love and patience my way 
so I can make this happen! 

Thanks for checking in and take care until next time!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment