Thursday, April 5, 2012

Bic Ballpoint Pen Sketches Pt. IX


Recently, I've heard more and more voices ask me how I manage to persist in the brutally demanding career of a DIY artist, given the circumstances of our current economy. Once again, I wish I had a good, rational answer to explain a tangible formula of sorts with a step-by-step plan of action. But the truth of the matter is that I'm figuring out new ways of maintaining this artistic path with the advent of each coming day. I’ve sacrificed a number of relationships due to the demanding and often erratic schedule, as well as making the decision to move home with my family and build financially from scratch. I can’t really say if there’s a right or wrong way to go about any artistic or independent path, everyone has their own lessons to learn. I think it just boils down to what you’re willing to give up in order to gain some semblance of emotional, psychological, or physical freedom in the wake of a society that has so many predisposed expectations of you. The interesting thing about sacrificing though, is the occasional realization that you never really needed to hold onto certain things to begin with...




please visit katherinebrannock.com

Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment