Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sketches I

 The "Works of Wisdom" show for Thumbprint Gallery is coming up January 14, 2012 and I have a number of sketches that could potentially fit the bill for its abstract theme, but many of these ideas demand at least a few weeks to complete. 

I've been waiting for an excuse to finish the drawings featured in this post, but (as much as I love the initial sketches) it feels as though they require a larger format or even a different medium with which to express their visual dialogue.

I don't think I could adequately execute these pieces in time for the Thumbprint show, but maybe there's a chance these spirits will end up manifesting their presence in another arena down the road.





I can be rather fickle when I comes to choosing a piece for a show, but if I change my mind, you'll be the first to know. Thanks for checking in with me and maybe we'll meet for the first time at Thumbprint's opening some works of wisdom.

Take care until then...


No comments:

Post a Comment