Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cartoon Network 20th Anniversary Show : Work in Progress III

Here is the third and final installment of my work in progress for Cartoon Network's 20th Anniversary Show. I'm so thrilled to finish this piece and only wish that I had extra time to interpret more characters from the show "Generator Rex"... maybe the next time around...

Title:
"Breach Tree"

Medium:
Ballpoint Pen, Watercolor and Gold Ink 
with a Walnut Ink Stain

Size:
11" x 14"

 
As much as I love the bitter side of Breach's character, my interpretation of her involved a more serene disposition. I wanted to depict Breach at peace with herself, so I decided to make her into a tree. There is also a small inscription next to her which reads:

"If only Breach were a lovely tree,
Then her spirit could roam free."

I figured she could be most happy when free of this strange power that allows her to slip through other dimensions, and I thought that if I made her into a tree spirit (tied to one dimension yet free to enjoy the surrounding space) she could finally achieve this state of mind.

Thanks for checking in,
and maybe we'll meet for the first time,
at San Diego Comic Con International 2012!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment