Friday, March 2, 2012

Thinkspace : Picks of the Harvest : Work in Progress III

Finally finished with my piece for Thinkspace Gallery's "Picks of the Harvest" show, opening this Saturday, March 3rd from 5PM to 8PM. The artwork took a little longer than I had originally anticipated, but it was well worth the effort in the end. I will continue to explore colored pencil in conjunction with the ballpoint pen- I was really pleased with the last minute decision to add another medium, and even more impressed by how nicely they complimented one another. I can't thank Andrew Hosner and his wife Shawn Hosner enough for being so patient with me during this process, they've put a lot of effort into this show and I am deeply humbled by the caliber of artists slated to appear in this art event. I'm still blown away by the fact that they decided to include my work...

The following photos show my conclusion to this
long and drawn out process (no pun intended)...

Title: "Composing Shadows"

Size: 14" x 24"

Medium: Ballpoint Pen,
Shellac Ink, Walnut Ink Stain
Gold Ink and Colored Pencil




 

 






 

Thanks for checking in and maybe we'll meet for the first time at 
Thinkspace Gallery's "Picks of the Harvest" show on opening night!


Take care until then...


No comments:

Post a Comment