Thursday, November 15, 2012

Tattoo Apprenticeship : Sketches VIII

Cooper's approach to tattooing, via an animation filter, has been not only fascinating but an interesting challenge. I never expected to learn tattooing through this particular lens of illustration, but I feel grateful for all of the insights resulting from his unique perspective. To my surprise, cartooning and animation illustration have provided an excellent bridge for me to more easily understand different methods with which to create a simplified image designed for the body. 

The assignment, featured in today's post, exemplifies the spirit of animation as well as how a cartoon can translate into an interesting, well crafted tattoo. I had a lot of fun exploring different personalities, emotions and characters through these images, and I hope you enjoy some more of my humble beginnings as a tattoo artist.
 










 Thanks for checking in-
and take care until next time...

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment